Piezoelectric Fires in Mumbai, India
by Chittaranjan Tembhekar for The Times of India
November 29, 2011
The cause of the fire that gutted the Sara-Sahara Complex and parts of the Manish and Mohta Markets early on Saturday, the third anniversary of 26/11, may remain a mystery forever, top government officials indicated on Monday.
Apparently, electrical engineering experts with the state government feel they may not be able to pinpoint the cause as there were no threads to find.
"The fire was so intense that it has gutted areas. It makes our probe difficult as there may not be clues left. Finding the source, which may have been charred or melted, is very difficult," said a senior engineer with the public works department.
While fire brigade sources had doubted a short-circuit as the cause, some people doubt if it was sabotage by anti-social elements attached to the underworld who want to get rid of the old market.
"Normally, in such big fire incidents, where the intensity is huge, determining the reason is not possible. The Sara-Sahara Complex won't be an exception. The fire is still not completely doused and that is why we could not enter the area for investigations," an official said.
Another expert said there have been 16 fires in the island city since April but only two were major-the one at the Dadar flower market and the one at Sara-Sahara. Both probes have been inconclusive. In other cases, most were due to short-circuits.
State government officials said they had requested BEST to send a preliminary report on the fire. However, BEST officials denied receiving any such request. But they clarified that they shut off supply on instructions from the fire brigade and later restored it in phases, as per directives.
Chief fire officer H M Mujawar said the police had recorded statements of eyewitnesses. But the department will take at least two days to reach a conclusion.
by Vishnudas Sheshrao for The Afternoon Despatch & Courier
June 24, 2011
The fire that broke out -due to a 'short-circuit'- at the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday afternoon inside the antechamber of a senior officer has raised eyebrows.
During the office hours, nearly 50 people were working around the antechamber, but surprisingly, none of them realised that something was wrong in the office, neither did the hi-tech automatic fire alarm system - fitted throughout the civic headquarters - raised an alarm, until the wooden window was charred.
The fire broke out inside Prakash Patil, Deputy Municipal Commissioner's (Tax Reforms), antechamber located on the sixth floor of the BMC's Administration building.
No one knows the exact time of the incident, but the fire brigade received the first distressed call at 12.35 p.m. The fire brigade has termed it as 'minor and electric fire'. It had pressed a couple of fire tenders, a high ladder and an ambulance into action, and was successful in extinguishing the fire in a short while. Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident.
S.D. Sawant, Assistant Divisional Fire Officer, said, "Prima facie investigations revealed short circuit in the air conditioner fitted at the window of the said office as the source of fire. Other than the window, newspaper and other documents were gutted in the fire." It is still a mystery as to why the AC was on in Patil's cabin, when was not around.
March 14, 2011
The Fire department is yet to find the exact cause of the blaze in Garib Nagar slums that left over 2,000 families homeless.
The fire that broke out in Garib Nagar slums near Bandra (East) railway station on March 5 gutted over 700 shanties and injured 21 persons, including four firemen.
"We have not been able to ascertain the exact cause of the fire. We had carried out an extensive inspection. Due to lack of forensic evidence, which is the most important factor in determining the cause, we were unable to ascertain the cause of fire," an official on condition of anonymity said.
Last Monday, officials had said they had zeroed in on a structure from where the fire emanated but have not yet come to a conclusion on the cause of the fire.
The fire officials in a preliminary report had said the investigations have revealed that the fire started from a three-storey structure.
"The fire officials are still carrying out the investigation with the help of police," the official said.
They had faced a similar situation in June 2009, when a major fire broke out in Behrampada slum in Bandra, killing one and injuring 28 when also they were not able to find the cause behind that fire.
These unusual fires are being caused all over the world by an unrecognized force: ultra-low frequency sound, far below the audible level of most humans. This infrasonic influence is building strong electrical currents in the metal objects like wheel-barrows, door-knockers and copper electrical wiring in the walls of homes, which then become hot enough to ignite the plastic sheathing surrounding the wires. In other cases, heated wires ignite bed mattresses and metal hangers ignite clothing.
The infrasound which is now being focused onto the Mumbai, India vicinity is being transduced by the Orion pyramids of present-day Giza, Egypt, which act as a nonlinear lensing system for resonantly balancing the geomagnetic fields of Earth as stimulated by coronal mass ejections from the increasingly active sun.
This pattern of intense solar flares and the resulting infrasound fires at focal points around the planet will culminate in the intense auroral events of December 22, 2012.
The Bandra district of Mumbai, India (19.05°N 72.83°E) is 2,716 miles from Giza, or 10.91% of the Earth's mean circumference distance (of 24,892 miles). Other sites in India experiencing unusual spates of small, falling stones, piezoelectric fires and infrasound booming include Charajpura, Thiruvananthapuram, Gangyal, Kolkata, Dhenkanal, Ratria, Kakori, Kishtwar and Rangrik.
This website has covered many major stories involving infrasound resonance convergence points, including Llanidloes, Mawnan, Hull, Saffron Walden, Bridlington, Goa, Klai, Auckland, Sydney, Ontario, White Rock, Ranchlands, and in the US in Newport, Anderson, Kimberley, Menomonee Falls, Pelham, Richmond, Wilmington, Nashville, Knoxville, Mobile, north Florida, Knob Noster, Denver, Seattle, Novato, Arroyo Grande and Atwater.
The cases have become so severe that spontaneous combustion of objects by piezoelectric induction has been recurring in spates - in areas such as Tenerife, Freetown, Babura, Abuja, Bauchi, Jos, Omukondo, Onakaheke, Tsholotsho, Lalapansi, Goodhope, Nairobi, Mpumalanga, Mapuve, Bodibe, Bloemfontein, Tshiozwi, Hopewell, Cape Town, Landovica, Galway, Longford, Glasgow, Dublin, Crewe, Waterford, Peterborough, Coventry, Hull, London, Surrey, Steeple, Egham, Wisbech, Messina, Peschici, Berici, across northern Greece, Kota Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Santo Tomas, Bandar Seri Begawan, New Norcia Darwin, Rockhampton, Adelaide, Brisbane, Eaglehawk, Sydney, Georgetown, La Pampa, Melipilla, Nelson, and in the US in Seattle, Corvallis, Soudan SP, Minneapolis, New Ulm, Pueblo, Waxahachie, Anderson, Bluffton, Georgetown, Homosassa, San Mateo, Vallejo, San Francisco, Clovis, Calaveras, Haverhill, Peabody, Brentwood and New York City.